10 May 2012

[Review] Gameboy - Turn And Burn

This is my first review and many more to come.

Game review on the Gameboy game Turn And Burn
I have to admit, I always thought I owned the Top Gun Gameboy game and only discovered it was Turn And Burn when, as stated in my opening post, I dusted off the box with old games. Because my classic Gameboy died many years ago and I'm no longer in possession of a Gameboy Color or Gameboy Advanced I'm forced to play this on an emulator, which kinda destroys the feel of it.

As I said, I always thought I owned Top Gun, especially thanks to AVGN. But this is totally a different game. I've no clue how I got it and if I ever bought it myself, but I only remember that I never actually finished the first stage. And I still haven't managed to do it, even now with an emulator.

Turn And Burn is a flight simulator game in which you control an F-14 fighter jet and have to complete missions to proceed. Basicly every mission you do involves shooting down X number of enemy air plains. And that's about it. Thanks to the Gameboy you only playing in monochrome colours and that also influences a lot of the experience. For writing this review I needed the box art and noticed there is also a SNES version of it, which looks way better and probably handles better aswell. 

Turn And Burn is one of many flight simulator / fighter jet games out there. Personally I would skip this one and go straight for the SNES version just because of the better looks. If you really want to give it a try you can easily get a copy of the game on eBay for less then 5 euro. Which is pretty cheap.

Overall, the game suffers a lot from the limitation of the Nintendo Gameboy and therefore kills your fun, rather then you killing enemy fighter jets.

No comments:

Post a Comment